Outline of the day
10:00 All-age Celebration Service at St James
10:30 All-age Celebration Service at Queen Edith Chapel
10:00 Drop-off for Coronation Chicken competition until 12:30 (QEC)
12:00 Drop-off for cake competition until 13:00 (St J)
12:30 Community bring and share ‘Big Lunch’ at QEC
13:30 Activities, see below
14:00 Decorated bicycle parade
15:00 Afternoon tea and cake at St James with community singing
16:00 The celebration concludes
Jubilee Cake Competition Instructions:
There are three categories and all are welcome to enter (no age categories):
- Whole cakes – any size
- Biscuits – minimum of 6 on one plate
- Cupcakes – minimum of 6 on one plate
1. Please be as creative as possible – so anything from a corgi-shaped cake to a castle drawn onto a cupcake or biscuit – anything royal/jubilee related goes!
2. Please drop off your entry at St. James Church between 12noon and 1pm, along with a brief description, your name and your contact number. Brief descriptions should include the type of cake/biscuit eg. Chocolate sponge cake with buttercream icing and sugar sprinkles.
3. Please put you name and contact details on the reverse side of your description. Voting will take place between 1:30-2:45pm and the winners announced at 3pm to open the afternoon tea.
For more details, click on the links below or simply scroll through.