A fundraising auction of promises and gifts will be held. It will be a fun evening with free entry. Offers of promises or gifts are gratefully received and should be communicated to the church office by Wednesday 11th September. All non-perishable items or gifts must be delivered to the church on or by Wednesday 11th September, when the church will be open from 9.30 am until 6 pm.
On the day of the Auction the church will be open from 5 pm for viewing. Some of the lots available are listed below, a full list of available lots up to 10th September and instructions for submitting a bid if you will not be able to attend are available here:
- 1 person attending a Christmas Carol Service at a Cambridge University College Chapel with our local County Councillor, followed by a light lunch.
- Plant watering for a week
- Helping you trace your family history
- Make your own lyre, an all day workshop for ages 8yrs+ for 1-8 people
- A bottle of Emmanuel College Port (Reserve price £10)
- Sailing for up to 4 people (Must be confident swimmer(s), no experience required)
- An ‘off the tourist track’ tour of Trinity College for up to 10 people
- Babysitting with bedtime stories
- A chocolate biscuit cake
- Leek and potato soup with demonstration if wanted.
- Royal Worcester plate (photo)
- First class return tickets from Cambridge to London Liverpool Street for up to 4 people, courtesy of Greater Anglia (more details)
- Holiday in the Lake District (more details)
- Tour of New Hall art collection at Murray Edwards College with a fellow of the college, for up to 4 people (more details)
- Print by Macneil ‘Pathway to the beach’ (photo and information about the artist)
Poster for sharing.