September 13, 2019
A fundraising auction of promises and gifts will be held. It will be a fun evening with free entry. Offers of promises or gifts are gratefully received and should be communicated to the church office by Wednesday 11th September. All non-perishable items or gifts must be delivered to the church on or by Wednesday 11th September, when the church will be open from 9.30 am until 6 pm.
On the day of the Auction the church will be open from 5 pm for viewing. Some of the lots available are listed below, a full list of available lots up to 10th September and instructions for submitting a bid if you will not be able to attend are available here:
- 1 person attending a Christmas Carol Service at a Cambridge University College Chapel with our local County Councillor, followed by a light lunch.
- Plant watering for a week
- Helping you trace your family history
- Make your own lyre, an all day workshop for ages 8yrs+ for 1-8 people
- A bottle of Emmanuel College Port (Reserve price £10)
- Sailing for up to 4 people (Must be confident swimmer(s), no experience required)
- An ‘off the tourist track’ tour of Trinity College for up to 10 people
- Babysitting with bedtime stories
- A chocolate biscuit cake
- Leek and potato soup with demonstration if wanted.
- Royal Worcester plate (photo)
- First class return tickets from Cambridge to London Liverpool Street for up to 4 people, courtesy of Greater Anglia (more details)
- Holiday in the Lake District (more details)
- Tour of New Hall art collection at Murray Edwards College with a fellow of the college, for up to 4 people (more details)
- Print by Macneil ‘Pathway to the beach’ (photo and information about the artist)
Poster for sharing.
September 8, 2019
The 10 am service will include a ‘blessing of school bags’ for the start of the school year. Adults are welcome to join in by bringing work bags or cases as appropriate.
August 4, 2019
The 10am service on 4th August 2019 will be an informal act of worship including hymns with folk tunes, biblical storytelling and time for meditation.
All are welcome to come and worship. You are invited to bring instruments to join the scratch band.
Poster for sharing.
July 21, 2019
A walk around St James parish boundary, stopping to pray for local and wider concerns. With a shared picnic lunch in Cherry Hinton Hall and finishing with tea at St James around 4 pm. Join for some or all of the 6.3 mile walk.
Part of St James’ Day celebrations for 2019.
This is our Patronal festival. There will be a single service at 10 am followed by a walk around the parish boundaries.
July 7, 2019
A bring and share lunch will be held after the 10 am service on 7th July 2019 as part of welcoming St James’ new curate. All are welcome to join in.
June 15, 2019
Come and join us for our community summer celebration in the afternoon of Saturday 15 June 2019. We will have a range of activities for everyone to enjoy, including cakes and outdoor games!
June 5, 2019
A meditative service with Taize chants, readings and silence as part of the “Thy Kingdom Come” period of prayer between Ascension day and Pentecost.
June 4, 2019
Service of Compline as part of the “Thy Kingdom Come” period of prayer between Ascension day and Pentecost.
June 1, 2019
St James’ youth group will meet for a fun and creative session.
Further meetings are likely to take place on the first Saturday of each month, dates will be confirmed nearer the time.